Facts & Questions
1. Are Morningstar Turf artificial lawns similar to indoor carpet or astro-turf?
Not at all. Our synthetic grass truly resembles the real thing. Our Thatched grass has two different types of fibers, a longer fiber that replicates blades of grass and a short, curly fiber that adds cushion and support to the longer fibers. Our infilled synthetic grass is actually combined with sand and recycled crumb rubber. The fibers are 1.5" to 2.5" long depending on the product. A unique blend of rubber crumb and sand is spread over the top of the synthetic grass. Both our Thatched Grass and Infilled Grasses look and feel just like natural grass.
2. Does the sun harm Morningstar Turf artificial turf grass or cause it to fade?
No. Our fibers have a UV protection coating and can withstand the damaging affects of sun, heat, wind, snow and ice. We have synthetic putting greens that were installed in 1987 with no discernable signs of fading. Technically, the color will fade two Pantone® colors over a ten-year period, but it's really not noticeable to the naked eye.
3. What is the life expectancy of Morningstar Turf synthetic grass?
Our turf comes with a limited 8-year warranty, but the actual life expectancy is 15-35 years depending on use.
4. What type of maintenance should I expect with Morningstar Turf artificial grass?
An occasional brooming is recommended but not necessary. This will help stand the fibers up. Debris like leaves and twigs can be easily removed with a leaf blower. Remember to not place the blower's nozzle too close to the turf if you have one of our infilled grass products or the sand and rubber will be blown away along with the debris.
5. Can Morningstar Turf artificial turf be installed over my existing lawn?
The existing sod must first be removed either by spraying a weed killer or be removed with a Sod-Cutter (available at a local rental store). Then a fine layer of crushed rock is laid down, smoothed over and compacted before the artificial turf is installed.
6. How does Morningstar Turf artificial lawn drain?
Drainage is very similar to natural grass. The turf backing has many perforated holes (or a porous fabric backing) that allow water to drain vertically into the ground below the turf.
7. Can pets harm Morningstar Turf synthetic grass?
No. Many of our landscape grasses were designed with both residential and commercial dog runs in mind. Pet urine is not a problem as it absorbs into the ground or evaporates. Other messes clean up in the same manner as natural grass. You may also spray the soiled area with a hose then simply brush the turf back into place.
8. How does the cost of installing Moringstar Turf artificial grass compare to installing a natural lawn?
To compare the costs of artificial grass and natural lawn Click Here to see how much you can save.